Who sold you your car?

I was wondering what wonderful stories you might have regarding your purchase. I don't have much of a story to tell, but I DO have a lovely picture of the dealer who sold me my car. Surprisingly, he still remembers my name when he sees me. He works for Otto's BMW in West Chester, PA.

Would YOU buy a car from this man? [hihi]

You can find more about Otto's BMW by checkin' out their website online.

I had to drive two and a half hours across Michigan to pick up my car in Kalamazoo. The guy I bought it from was a pretty down to earth kind of guy, he was pretty cool. Sadly the reason he was selling the car is his family needed a minivan, he hated to see it go. I felt so evil taking his car, oh well..

mrferg said:
I had to drive two and a half hours across Michigan to pick up my car in Kalamazoo. The guy I bought it from was a pretty down to earth kind of guy, he was pretty cool. Sadly the reason he was selling the car is his family needed a minivan, he hated to see it go. I felt so evil taking his car, oh well..
he should of bought a older 7

Otto's had two green 1998 Z3's with beige top and beige leather interior. The 2.8 was $26,500 and the 1.9 was $23,500. There was also a 1998 M roadster with 0 miles for $38K. The 2.8 and the 1.9 looked EXACTLY the same. The 2.8 had 26K miles and the 1.9 had 45K miles. I had to go with the 1.9 because I couldn't afford the 2.8. As things turn out later in life (very shortly thereafter), I could've afforded the M. Now, I'm paying for two cars which cost as much as the M did. Doh! Shortly after my purchase, I got married and had a baby. I would've had to given up the M (to guys like MrFerg). I'm happy I was conservative. The 1.9 is good enough for me! ....I'll get it supercharged later. [}:)]

Tom

Staff Team
I purchased mine from Weber BMW and my salesman was Allan Petersen. Great guy with lots of BMW knowledge and offered excellent customer service. Sadly I just found out that he passed away earlier this year.

Tom didn't kill my enthusiasm for BMWs. I Bought my car from Jackie Cooper BMW, the salesman was Ron Stafford. Very nice guy. He's been selling bimmers for several years. Jackie Cooper BMW has to be one of the best Bimmer dealerships. Their service department is excellent. Infact I am on a first name basis with all of the service department. Is that good?!?[confused]

Buy the way - sorry to hear that Tom

Big Daddy

That's too bad Tom, but it sounds like he was enjoying life while he was with us. I bought my 97 Z3 from Tommy Longinotti at Camp BMW in Spokane. Tom is a great guy and was the CCA chapter President at the time.

What were some of the other cars being considered before you purchased your bimmer? What made you decide on buying what you have? Anyone?
I listed my story above. Damn....I still wish I could've afforded that M. ....someday.....[B)]

I had to drive 3 hours to Calgary from Edmonton to go look at the car. I checked it out and got a sweet deal on the car. I paid $9400 CDN, which I was willing to pay $11000 - $13000.

Migey said:
I had to drive 3 hours to Calgary from Edmonton to go look at the car. I checked it out and got a sweet deal on the car. I paid $9400 CDN, which I was willing to pay $11000 - $13000.
Was it worth it? [rolleyes]

...like we all don't know the answer to that one!