Impossible Choices

Hi all-
I'm hoping some the kind folks here can help me make a nearly impossible decision.
I looks like my 535 is ready for the great race track in the sky, so I've identified some choices that are within my current price and preference range (which is any BMW with manual tranny). Below are the three I've found, in no particular order. Any comments, suggestions, warnings are appreciated.

95 M3 100K miles - I know the 95 M3 is a sweet machine. There is a fair amount of wear on the interior (a little more than I would expect for the age) and a few dings on exterior that need fixing.

97 540 with sport package, V8, 6 speed manual, all options, 90K miles. I've heard mixed things about the V8s.

99 328is 40K miles - looks like an M, has M badging. This one also has Dinan upgrades - oversize carbon fiber air intake, upgraded chip. My guess is that this car has been babied - it is imaculate.

See why this is so hard? I want them all, they all need a good home. But right now I don't have the means to get all three, so I need to pick the best car or buck, which why I drive BMW in the first place.

Thanks for the help, when the deal is done I'll post pics!

Big Daddy

You forgot to tell us the prices so we can make a fair compairson. I lean towards the 540i if all else is equal. Excessive interior wear tells me the previous owner did not take care of the car, including the drivetrain.

Trev

Well, my picking your car for you would be a little like you choosing a wife for me. [:D] Yeah, it *might* work out.. but then again....

Drive each of them, and see which one puts the biggest smile on your face. Sorry.. not much help.. but a wise man once said that this was an "impossible decision" to make! [hihi]

Let us know what you decide!

Bob

I picked one!

Thanks for you're thoughts.
I purposely left out the prices because they were about the same and I was interested in objective data.
After driving each of them (and loving each one) I went with the 328Is with the Dinan upgrades. Seemed like the best value with the lowest miles of the three and it drives like a dream. The engine purrs when cruising and growls when accelerating. My wife decided she wants the 540 now (I've been trying to convince her that her Camry SE is NOT the greastest car in the world, but she loves it, maybe a bit less now).
Anyway, thanks for the thoughts, I can't wait to get in the car.