Austin TX

Hey everyone,

Well soon enough I will be attending my first year at the University of Texas at Austin, and juss wondering if anyone here attended UT and have any crazy stories....or any crazy college stories at that. Either way when I went to the orientation the second night I got pretty drunk and "stuff" *ahem* puff puff *ahem* I think I was at a karaoke bar on 6th street at one point anyhow I wandered back to my room and had to register for classes and stuff at 8:00 the next morning...pretty crazy for orientation. O yea, anyone in the Austin area?

Hey ResidentSlacker,

I'm in Austin. I don't have any UT stories for you because I never went there. However if your looking for some good party stories *puff-puff*[rolleyes], sure... I've got ton's of those! [hihi]

If you ever want to grab a beer or something, let me know. I'm only a few minutes from downtown and the dorms.

6th street sucks big time....at least when it is spring break and all students are gone. it was a boring night that one time we were there.

with all the party people around it is surely a nice place to rock and roll, though.

Tom

Staff Team
Austin is a great town...its great that you know about 6th Street, next check out the bats on Congress Ave during sunsets.

BTW: Congrats on making it to UT, its a great school.[thumb]

Tim, you went to Austin during the wrong time...SB people are either down south partying in Padre Island or back home.[hihi]

is that at this nice bridge? we were sitting on the bridge during the fireworks on july 4th....and some little pieces of animal started flying around like a fleet of little fighterplanes [:D]

Tom

Staff Team
Wadula said:
is that at this nice bridge? we were sitting on the bridge during the fireworks on july 4th....and some little pieces of animal started flying around like a fleet of little fighterplanes [:D]
Its just a regular bridge near the corner of First St. and Congress Ave. If you stand on the bridge you can look straight down and see the capital. Its a pretty amazing sight seeing thousands of bats flying around you.[:)]

yup, that's the bridge. i remember the look down the street to the capitol....one of our girls wanted to take a pic of that view when we were crossing the street. so we stood there, in the middle of the lanes. on the other side of the crossing the cars were standing at a red light. and the camera did not start....then the light turned green and us both stood still in the middle. finally she made it and we jumped like some meters away from the cars on the sidewalk. it was already after sunset so they mustn't have seen us. nobody intended to slow down while approaching us....or it was onkly because we were drunk.....oh and btw, the pic didn't turn out good at all [?|] [rofl]

Thanks Tom! I worked my @ss off in high school to get into UT. Bats on Congress? I never heard of anyone talk about that in all the times I've been there, I'll have to check that out sometime. But either way I'm looking forward to getting out of Fort Worth...there's nothing to do up here it's freaking boring!